What's new for me in 2011:
1. A brand new, very dear goddaughter
2. Guitar lessons
3. 2 international trips (one to Ireland with my mother, another to Italy and Ireland with my husband, children, and in-laws)
4. Delving more deeply into reading and writing with my boys. They are so fascinated by all they know already so I am trying to strike while the iron is hot.
6. Baby steps toward a new yoga home practice
7. Early to bed, early to rise (so help me God)
8. Making friends with my sewing machine
9. Organizing the upstairs bedroom
10. A new dedication to family night
1. FFFF posts for now. I'm a nervous winter driver and tend to stay home as much as possible in these snowy months. I may revive these in the spring. They were starting to feel like a chore.
2. Lots of clothes, toys, and household items that still have good use left in them to Goodwill and the Crowded Closet.
3. The notion that I can be healthy without exercising regularly. I need to develop and maintain better habits.
Joe and I are trying really hard to dedicate ourselves to an evening routine and a morning routine as a way of getting all the household chores done. When we stick with it, it works beautifully. The simpler it is, the stickier. Unfortunately, the simpler it is, the less effective it is but maybe we can trick ourselves into building it up. This is obviously a work in progress. What isn't?
I was having such difficulty getting the momentum going to post something, anything at all. I'll be back soon again with a homeschooling update. We started the Winter Wonderland curriculum and love it just as much as Harvest Time.